About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jesus is Risen!

Couldn't have happened soon enough.
I was so wiped after Holy Week and Resurrection Sunday. I'm still not totally sure how I made it to bed on Sunday night.

Anyways, here's a few bits that I caught between Thursday and Sunday with my phone. Nothing life altering, just little things.

Filling communion cups for prayer stations

Good Friday black and crown of thorns

We had prayer stations set up on Thursday and Friday, and then had a "Tenebrae" service on Friday evening.
Saturday was actually my "free" day, although I still ended up having to take mom to the Lion's Club Easter Egg Hunt down at Lake Apopka. She had fun organizing the Special Needs egg hunt which took place in the parking lot.


Resurrection Sunday started at O Dark Thirty, meaning I got up at 5:00a to walk Toby and get ready for the Sunrise Service.  I dress the cross during Holy Week, so it gets changed from purple, to black, to white.


Sunrise was followed by the 9:00a service, Sunday School, and the 11:15a service.  Then I WAS FREE.
Oh PRAISEALLEUIA!!!!

I was so tired by this point, my whole body ached.

Went home for Easter lunch with mom and dad.  Then it was off to Lake Hickory Nut to hang out with the Branom family.

Toby goes just about everywhere with me. Therein, he got to come out to the lake with me. His current favorite thing to do is "chase lizards". So he was in pure heaven hanging out on Terril and Louise's back porch.


As long as I kept an eye on him I was able to let him have fun and spend time talking with Steve, Julie, Louise, and Jesse. Julie and I stood out on the dock and watched the shell crackers and brim get chased around by huge bass. I could just hear summer coming as the cicadas began to sing in the trees.

Oh, and I thoroughly enjoyed both Julie's grape salad and Louise's REALLY GOOD banana pudding. YUM!

A few more shots, just so you can fully understand how much I'm enjoying being free of the cold of winter and the stress of Holy Week.

I can smell spring in these shots.

Any clue what kind of spider this is?

Mom's flowers are GORGEOUS right now!

Walking Toby in SHORTS!!

Green Anoles peeking out EVERYWHERE!!

Toby, lizard hunting, AGAIN!
I've got dirt under my finger nails most days now.
Happy and Warm days to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment