About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Busy-ness has just about done me in!

Lord, have mercy on this tired soul. . .

Not to say that I haven't enjoyed the past couple of weeks.

But MAN, I'd really like to be sitting on my swing with an icepack on my forehead right about now.
The icepack is for the headache that keeps returning.

Since my last post I've conquered several hurdles.
One: House/dog/horse sitting for a neighbor down the road.
Two: Senior Sunday
Three: Sitting in as substitute secretary for the church

Denise, the neighbor down the road, has three horses, two cats, and three large dogs. The cats got to spend the week at the vet, but the rest of the animals got the privilege of MY company.
Here's a few pics from my house sitting job from last week:

Suete, the arabian

Sierra, the old lady

Pia, the affectionate jokester
Morning fly mask time. . .and fresh hay!

The dogs were almost as much trouble as the horses were to take care of. Don't get me wrong, none of what I did was terribly hard or back-breaking. It just took time, and I nearly always ended up filthy afterwards.
I only got pics of two of the pups, Flynn and Dylan.

Dylan is a 14 year old lab mix who recently had neck surgery. As old as he is, he still has plenty of energy and is always openly affectionate. Couldn't leave the house without giving him a belly rub.

Dylan at the bottom of the stairs
Flynn is a year old Doberman with trust issues. Denise had me come down twice to interact with him before this particular house sitting job. She was actually a little surprised that he took to me so quickly (my only explanation is that I wasn't afraid of him, and I also didn't make a big deal out of him either).

Flynn, nose up!

I was done with that particular job on Friday morning. I started the secretarial job on the Wednesday before. It was very stressful trying to do both at the same time. Mainly because the horses and dogs require such specific care, and I had to be in the church office by 8:30a. Which meant that I had to be up by 6:30a to take care of all of them. Oh, and did I mention I still had to go back to my house to take care of Toby?
He of course was not thrilled with me or the fact that he had to spend each night in his kennel. Poor baby!


Senior Sunday fell at the end of my first week as substitute secretary, which meant that on top of my duties in the main office (answering the phone, creating the bulletin, printing the bulletin, and dealing with church member issues) I also had to continue with my normal job of worship slideshow, website, facebook, and being a youth counselor. Spent a TON of time uploading old youth photos to facebook, mainly so that I could dig through them more easily next year when searching for senior pics. Then I had to create two different photo slideshows, one for the two worship services, and one for the reception in between.

Why then, I ask you, did I schedule to take the senior high girls of the TNT youth group to Rock Springs on Saturday? We had been trying to get together to do something for a while, and I guess I just decided I might as well fill out the entire week with things to do.

Anyways, we attempted to go to Rock Springs, but it was closed for an event. So instead, we went around the bend to Wekiva Springs. Fun for the girls, naptime for me!



Now if I could just get rid of this headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment