About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Enjoy those little moments. . .you'll need the memory later

Wow. . .what a weekend.

Thursday included a mid-week worship service.

Logo made by Jamie. . .lol

Always nice to get to sing praise songs on Thursday, whether it's at Praise Team Practice or at worship service. Plus, we got to share communion. So, fellowship, singing, communion, and coffee. Good Thursday in my opinion.

Friday had a Wedding rehearsal at 6:00p.
Then Richard and I met up down at Downtown Disney's House of Blues to see JJ GREY AND MOFRO!

Here's a few captures from that evening.


 I pinched the knuckle of my middle finger on my left hand in between the van door and some contraption that dad had in the garage. It looked worse than it actually felt. A kid at the wedding rehearsal actually thought that it was my broken finger (not my pinky).


Sat outside House of Blues at their outdoor bar and listened to a pretty good guitarist do covers while I waited for Rich to show up. The cold front that came through on Thursday brought some chillier temps by Friday evening, so it got a tad bit uncomfortable after a while.


If you like blues, honky tonk, "Blues Traveler", CCR, or the Blues Brothers you would love JJ Grey and Mofro. I first heard of them on "E-Town", and absolutely loved them. What an amazing show! I'm still riding the good feelings from the concert!!

Saturday morning came a lot quicker than I would have liked, seeing as how my head didn't hit the pillow the night before until well after midnight.

At 10:30a I attended a "Senior/Birthday Brunch" for a youth. We had a wonderful time eating at Mimi's and trading stories about Emily. I will truly miss having her around next year.


The wedding that I mentioned earlier was for one of my best friends. Shannon had moved to New York, and then Ohio about four years ago, but her family still lived here in Florida. So, they had the wedding here at the church. I was given the gift of running the sound board for the ceremony.


I did not get to attend the reception afterwards. I've been dog/house sitting for the past several days, so instead I got to return home to my third job.

This morning I woke early so that I might take care of the dogs again and be able to get ready for church in time.

Every Sunday starts pretty much the same way, but this morning was particularly gorgeous.


I treated myself to a Panera breakfast. Not in any way healthy, but COMPLETELY enjoyable.



I entered into worship this morning feeling full of the Spirit. Still feeling that way. Think I'll stop by LOWE's and check out the dead plant section. The yard is calling my name. Hope your week was wonderful, and that you find peace this weekend.

Start off your Monday with a song on your lips and with the assurance that you are TRULY loved by God.

If you're interested, check out JJ Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment