About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Monday, June 24, 2013

June Musings


It really hasn’t been that interesting of a month.
Lots of little everyday, normal things that make me happy, that make me sad, that drag me on through the day. 

Got the new Dean Koontz "Odd Thomas" book from the library. Just finished it today, and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Kinda depressed that I'm done with it, though. 


Had to bake a casserole last Saturday for the Father’s Day breakfast at church.


It was pretty good, although the recipe said to let it soak overnight, which I didn’t do. Didn’t have time. Oh well.

It’s been raining here every afternoon it seems. Makes me feel a little bad for the orb spiders who spend so much effort on their webs, just to have them knocked down everyday.
Well, not that bad. I keep having to remind myself to walk around this one on the sidewalk up to my neighbor’s house.


Speaking of the neighbors, I’m house/dog/cat sitting again. Different neighbor, though. This one has two dogs and three cats. It used to be A LOT more. I mean A LOT! She had six dogs and seven cats at one point in time. I mourn the loss of those animals, but I do not miss having to clean up all those litter boxes or feed all those dogs.
These pics are of my favorites in the fur pool. I love all of them, but these two stand out in particular.
 

Copper is a cocker spaniel that Carol rescued after finding him on the side of the road with a displaced hip joint. He’s full of it, doesn’t like to eat his food (unless I stay standing right over him) and howls like a hound dog.


Dharma is a tabby cat that Carol rescued after she’d been hit by a car. Unfortunately at the time they had to remove her front left leg. She gets around fine just the same, and has never lost her kitten attitude! She waits for me every morning to come in and give her scratches on her chin and cheek.

Aunt Joyce and Bumpa came over on Wednesday to pick up some fertilizer from my dad. They stayed and ate lunch with us (provided by Maryland Fried Chicken!)


It was nice to get the chance to visit over fried chicken and sweet iced tea. Plus, their visit was impetus enough to hang our new Leya artwork in mom's room. Russ and Lana sent us both the canvas print of Leya and her first paintings a few weeks ago. A wonderful edition to the room, even if it does make us miss them even more!




No comments:

Post a Comment