About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Blueberry Gleaning

The Young Adult ministry at church was offered the opportunity last week to glean some blueberries from the Tom West Blueberry Fields in Ocoee. All the blueberries that we gleaned would go to the Christian Service Center, also in Ocoee, to be given away through their soup kitchen.

Never picked blueberries before. Wasn't really sure what to expect. Made sure I had sunscreen at least!

It was a lot of fun and we picked A TON of blueberries. Actually filled up our cooler and had some left over to take home. I gave my extras to Julie and Steve, and they're still eating on them!

Here's some pics.
Group pic before we commenced gleaning
Forgot a belt, had to improvise
Richard, gleaning MY blueberries!
Can you believe these were what were left!

Bagging the fruit. Yes those trays were all picked by us!
FULL COOLER!
Juicy juicy berries!
Group pic at the drying table.

No comments:

Post a Comment