About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January Musings

I'm sitting at my computer, at church, and I found myself wanting to write a few words. I was momentarily distracted by the dog, who wanted a pic taken.


It's been a weird few weeks following Christmas. I spend so much time getting ready for the services in December, and it's always kind of a "wow, I have so LITTLE to do" once January steps in. Which is really not true, it just feels that way. For one because it's so quickly time for Ash Wednesday and Lent, and then Holy Week and Easter.  And then mission trip, Vacation Bible School, etc.

So, while I sit here with slightly less to do than normal, I'll type a few words and share a few pics.

If I haven't mentioned it already, I love my pup. Toby and all his eccentricities has totally changed my life. Yes, it comes with complications (not as complicated as those of being a parent!), but it has added a much needed variety to my days. We get up early (usually before sun-up) to take our morning walk and see amazing things like the big dipper in the sky, and sunrises behind the poor chopped up oak tree on the top of the hill (haircut courtesy of the power line crew).


I now walk with one hand holding a flashlight and Toby's leash, in the other my walking stick. I also either whistle or sing as loud as I can. There have been reports of coyotes in the area grabbing small dogs while the owner is walking them on a leash. Hopefully I'm scary enough before the coyote even thinks about getting near enough for me to bean him with my melaleuca stick.

In other news, both my brother and sister-in-law have acquired new jobs!!! :) Which gives me ample excuse to post some pics of my niece. . .ha ha ha.

Warm enough?

Scaring mama on the recliner!! :)

Mom and I have been birdwatching more lately, mainly because it's winter and all the northern ducks are hanging out all over the state.  Here's a few of my favorite pics that I took at Viera and Merritt Island.

Blue Wing Teals

Caspian Tern

Scaup pair

OH. . .AND THE BLUEBIRDS ARE BACK!!! YAAAAAAAYYYY!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment