About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Monday, January 7, 2013

2012 Christmas

So I thought I'd share a few moments from Christmas this year.
This is a painting I did several of to be given as gifts to several lucky people. I'm still working on a few more, even now in January.


Our Christmas eve services were different this year. I found a order of worship on http://www.gbod.org/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c=nhLRJ2PMKsG&b=5455155&ct=7735769 which we tweaked a little bit.
I used a nativity set that I borrowed from Louise Branom. Here's a few of the shots.

Communion served at a second altar.

Nativity on the main altar with candles

Richard lighting the Gabriel candle.
I thought the service went really well. However, Christmas Eve was the day that the creeping crud finally got me, and I was pretty miserable through both services and at Julie's After Party. As of today, January 7th, the crud is still hanging on.

These are a few of my favorite shots from the candlelight portion of the service. Love capturing these!

Let your light shine!

Santa even made it to the service!

Reilly and Kelsey
I have to share, that even though I didn't feel good, I drove mom and dad down to Bumpa and Aunt Joyce's for Christmas morning. Being with family definitely made the day. That and getting to hear my cousin Allison retell the Christmas story to Reese, Hailey, and Colton. I'm not sure I'll be able to listen to the story again and keep a straight face. Let's just say that a shepherd named Louie made an appearance, and the three kings evidently made a stop at Denny's before making it to Mary and Joseph's house. The morning was all the better because there were plenty of Jiggers and Colton received a rubber band gun (which he wasted no time shooting Megan with!)

Hope your Christmas was joyful!

No comments:

Post a Comment