About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

2013 Christmas

Just wanted to share a few highlights of my December.

First, submitted two pieces to the Winter Garden Art Association's December show "Enormously Small" at SOBO gallery. The first is a massive piece I did for the altar at church a few years ago. The second is a miniature set featuring my niece Leya and all her adventures to come.

Nativity on the Rocks
Imagining Imagination
Celebrated Mimi's birthday, December 16th, by bringing a new poinsettia to her grave at Winter Garden Cemetery.

Shirley's daughter, Chrisna, was nice enough to get mom, Shirley, and I into Epcot for the Candlelight Processional. We watched the show standing up outside the theater (it was a full house) and then ate dinner at the Canada pavilion restaurant "Le Cellier Steakhouse". Had my first encounter with Poutin and Caesar Salad with anchovies.


Painting became a bit of an obsession for most of December. So, I threw together some gifts for people. I actually had planned on doing a bunch of hand-painted ornaments for friends and family, so if you haven't gotten anything from me yet, don't despair, it's probably in the works.




  Had a lovely Christmas Eve (not). First Christmas eve services that Danny and Richard haven't been here to help run the show. Add to that the fact that I'm sick, and I really didn't have a good evening at all. Hung out at Julie's house afterwards, but I was so miserable that I ended up going home to bed early.

My favorite ornament
Enjoyed my Christmas day, though. The whole family's sick, so we didn't go anywhere. Woke up late, ate danish for breakfast, skyped with Russ and Lana (finally!), got to watch Leya rip open her presents! Had roast and potatoes for lunch and opened our own gifts after that. A relaxing way to end this month of craziness. It's a good thing we never do anything for New Years!


Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year. . .love you!

1 comment:

  1. What lovely, lovely art. I'd be thrilled if someone gave me something like that for a Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete