About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sing Along with the "Muppets Movie"!

If it weren't for the people who surround me with love, I don't think I'd ever experience anything remotely cool.

Seriously.

I'm such a stick in the mud sometimes. Comes with being an introvert I suppose. My evenings could be consistently spent reading a book at home, and I'd be fine with that.

Last night, however, mom dragged me out of my comfort zone and bought her and I tickets to the "Sing Along with the Muppets Movie".

Never heard of it? Neither had I.

It was located at the Garden Theater in downtown Winter Garden and was hosted by Heather Henson and Davey Rocker. That's right, Henson, as in Jim Henson. Heather is his daughter and is just as committed to sharing her dad's gift with a new generation of Muppet fans.

I wish I'd taken my better camera.

Anyways, the general principle of the show is like that of "Rocky Horror Picture Show" gatherings. Upon entering the theater you're given a goody bag full of things you use to interact with the movie. As it says in the description of the show: "Children and adults alike are urged to shout out famous lines, blow bubbles, dance in the aisles, and of course, sing along!"


It was great. Really! Just what I needed after a long week of vacation bible school. LOL.
It reminded me of so many things. The fact that you can shout out at the movie, wow. . .Russ and I love Mystery Science Theater 3000, which if you don't know what that is you should check it out: MST3K
Plus, in the movie, Kermit sings "Rainbow Connection" and you're supposed to wave your butterfly fan or streamer. I actually teared up remembering all the butterflies and kites at Jim Henson's memorial service. Beautiful.


Add to all of that the puppets and kites that Ibex puppetry provided, and the "What Nots" who interacted with audience members. . .it was just a really fun night.


If you want more info on "Sing Along" or any of the other IBEX puppetry shows, check out their blogsite at Ibex Puppetry.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool it reminds me of the minions of gozer show Lana and I saw for the ghostbusters movie...didn't know that you got a celebrity though that's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your experience and wonderful pictures with us! We hope to see you again soon. All the best from IBEX Puppetry, Heather, & friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and replying! I loved the whole Muppet Movie Experience!

      Delete