About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Monday, February 4, 2013

January's over?!

Doesn't seem like it should be February already. I have to confess, my Christmas tree is still standing in the corner of my living room. It looks a little forlorn now. Why is it so difficult for me to take it down? This is precisely the reason why I didn't put one up for years. Oh well.

Well January here has been satisfyingly typical. Up down up down up down goes the thermometer. It's very obviously driving my sinuses CRAZY.
But, that doesn't mean it hasn't been absolutely GORGEOUS most days. I took this pic while walking Toby up the hill.


The flowers are all starting to burst forth with glorious color. They make me feel all warm and sunshiney. They make me want to start digging in the earth, to start planting new things. Crazy enough, they make me want to start cleaning house. However, I am sane enough to realize that the former statement is only a symptom of Spring Fever, and therefore must be ignored! :)


I did take the time recently to at least freshen up the paint on my totem pole fence post. So that's one thing off of my refresh and renew list! CHECK!


Mom and Dad have been enjoying the pleasant evenings by sitting out on the front porch, or out in the backyard while grilling miscellaneous meats on the charcoal grill. Last week in particular afforded several evenings of splendid weather and spectacular sunsets.



Other than that, not a lot going on. Well, aside from the fact that I'm purchasing my first rental property. Which therein means I'm taking on my first ever HUGE amount of debt. Yup, time to start wearing my big girl pants.

To end, here's some Frog and Feather shots. Hope you have a wonderful first week of February!! :)

Frog flying up the hill on Avalon Road. What a beautiful day!

Toby sends you nose kisses!!


No comments:

Post a Comment