About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Snapshots of an early spring

Figured I'd post a few pictures here. 
As we all know, it's been unseasonably warm here. 
So all the plants think that it's the right time 
for them to start bursting forth. 

Azaleas are confused



The azaleas in one part of the yard are blooming. 
The azaleas in my yard however, they're still waiting.







 
The peach trees in the side of the yard have been blooming on an off all winter. Mom says most likely they're going to die. Oh well, I'll still enjoy the blooms while I can.  

The Peach tree is all out of whack

Then there's the plethora of birds that make their way through my yard and the field across the street.

Bluebird (from a great distance)

I wish I had clearer shots.

Sharp-Shinned Hawk
 I was excited about getting the pic of the bluebird. I'd been telling my mom that they were down at my house, drawn there by the huge open field across the street. She wasn't inclined to believe me, so I had to get photographic proof. The Sharp-Shinned Hawk photo was captured because I was trying to get a clearer/better lit pic of a bluebird. 
The disturbing thing is, the hawk is most likely hanging out there in order to catch either a bluebird 
or other small bird for his lunch.


Think you're hot stuff huh?
I'll have to work on getting some shots of the woodpeckers, warblers, squirrels, and rabbits that make their home in my yard. For now, enjoy this pic of one of my yard dwelling green anoles.
The owl is a painting I did on a patio stone, and it's sitting on the "tongue" of my trailer. Brave, brave little lizard!

 

1 comment:

  1. I was talking to Daddy last night and he was telling me that things were in bloom down there. I've started noticing little blades of bright green through out the yard. It's a nice change from the burnt brown look we've got going on right now. Can't wait for some pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete