About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Great Day

Had an awesome day yesterday.

Started off with breakfast at Buddy Freddy's in Plant City with my parents, my aunt and uncle, and my cousin Sheila.

Cousin Sheila and Mom

Then, we "swung by" Lake Lindsay and the Audubon preserve on our way back home.

Upon entering the preserve, I spotted this bird right away, atop a dead pine tree. Unfortunately, I did not take this pic, didn't have my camera. But, I googled for an image just so you could see how neat this bird's coloring is. I've never seen a red-headed woodpecker in the wild, so this was a life bird moment for me. Though they are common in areas of Florida, all I've got around my house are Pileated woodpeckers and Red-bellied woodpeckers.

Red-headed Woodpecker
When we drove further into the preserve, we parked at the wildlife center to ask for directions to the Ahochee preserve (mom had heard they were having a native plant sale.) So dad and I waited outside, and one of the maintenance guys pulled this beautiful yellow rat snake out of the information sign. Gorgeous and HUGE!



We drove down to the Ahochee preserve after that, and I picked up a Coral bean plant for my yard. Been looking for one, so I couldn't believe my luck.

Had to take this shot of the oak canopy. . .Love this, and it was drizzling rain, so it was extremely mystical standing under those trees.


And to top off the day, I called my brother and sister to talk. Lana let Leya talk on the phone, and she said for the first time "Hi Jamie".

Let's just say, "Aunt Jamie" has doing the happy dance for two days straight, and telling everybody about it!

1 comment: