About Me

My photo
Winter Garden, FL, United States
I am a follower of Jesus Christ and an artist. I am a sixth generation Floridian. I love my family and friends, and most definitely the children and youth that I get to work with every week.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas. . .the saga continues

I wanted to share a few images of our Christmas Eve services with you.
I don’t feel that I need to say too much about them.
They’re always beautiful.
Not because we all work so hard to make them so.
Not because of all the decorations and candles.

Here's a link to our Church page if you'd like to check out more!
It’s because God always shows up. 
He shows up every time two or more are gathered in His name.

I tried so hard this year to turn off all the busyness of the season, to try to find moments in my day where I could find the true meaning of what Christmas is about. 

You know what happened? 
It didn’t work. It didn’t work until I stopped trying and just let God show me. 

I found myself enjoying moments with my family and friends. I let myself revel in the sounds of nature surrounding me. I took out my Bible and read. I listened to others as they told me what their hopes and dreams and fears were.   

I connected to others and connected to my heavenly Creator.

Now does that mean that my schedule got any less hectic? Nope, not really. . .I’m thoroughly enjoying the fact that this week is so much more laid back. The fact that I’ve been able to blog at all speaks volumes!

However, the craziness didn’t really get to me. 
By the end of Christmas day, though. . .well, I went to bed around 7:30p. :D
 

These are just a couple of shots of Julie's and her neighbor's ideas of Christmas yard decor. 
The "Peace Angels" were made by Julie's Stepfather, Art.  Her next door neighbor, Mark, created the Santa Alien for the boat parade on the Butler Chain of Lakes in Windermere, Fl.

1 comment: